Garden City, KS 67846
The Southwest Kansas Local Environmental Planning Group (SWKLEPG) Objectives are:
- To improve, maintain and protect the quality of our groundwater
- To insure future activities maintain groundwater quality
- To protect overall public health and safety
- To assist Landowners with septic system problems
- To test domestic water wells.
- To improve and maintain the quality of the water resources within Southwest Kansas.
Six counties currently form the Southwest Kansas Local Environmental Planning Group (SWKLEPG).
Those counties participating are: Clark, Finney, Gray, Hamilton, Hodgeman, and Stanton.
Each County has a representative on the SWKLEPG Board of Directors. The Board of Directors
directs the activities of the staff.
The SWKLEPG assists landowners, county agencies, conservation districts, and contractors with
concerns related to water quality and safe drinking in domestic water wells and onsite wastewater
systems (septic systems)..
Southwest Kansas Local Environmental Planning Group Director/Technician, Scott Selee is
responsible for assisting landowners with onsite wastewater permitting which is required by each of
the county’s Environmental Code.
SWKLEPG staff works closely to assist county conservation personnel with permits for failing existing
onsite wastewater systems that are applying for the cost-share program through the county
Copyright 2015 by SW Kansas Local Environmental Planning Group
|Southwest Kansas Local
Environmental Planning Group